THIS RETREAT is being RESCHEDULED for SEPTEMBER 2014 ....
12 LUCKY WAHINE can join this custom trip!
Gals, (Wahine ~ Hawaiian) bring your mountain bike or demo Rocky Mountain Bikes through our guide Aloha Mountain Cyclery for a long weekend in June of sweet trails, hot springs, local fresh foods and yoga! Wear sweet women's biking apparel by SHREDLY, our sponsor, and access scenery that rivals anything else in Colorado on secluded trails near Carbondale and Marble, Colorado, just minutes from Avalanche Ranch which we'll call home base for three nights and four days. Daily rides are supported with local pros who have mechanical experience and intimate trail knowledge. Learn the anatomy of your bike and tricks on how to fix it when it has problems on the trail. Enjoy hot springs and intentional yoga, catered meals from our local chef, Lacy Hughes, who integrates fresh local foods into lively, healthy meals to fuel you for the journey!
Thank you to our SPONSORS for donating SWAG, BIKES to demo, PRODUCT to pamper and energize!!!
We have limited this retreat to 12 to keep it small and sweet! Here is our retreat flow to give you a sense of what you'll experience.
- Arrive in Carbondale and go directly to Aloha Mountain Cyclery to check in, get goodie bag and fit demo bikes for a group ride! Ride starts from shop at 3:30. GIves everyone time to demo, check out downtown, check gear for weekend. Apps and refreshments provided
- Group ride up Prince Creek from town to warm up and orient to the town and valley
- 6pm to Avalanche Ranch to check in and settle
- 7:30 Organic Local Fresh dinner at the Ranch by Lacy Hughes.
- Rise and Shine Yoga Flow for Riding at 7 (Lacy will have coffee, tea, fruit and nuts at 6:30 in Ranch House if you need a snack before yoga)
- Hearty, wholesome pre-ride breakfast at 8:30 in Ranch House (seasonal fruit smoothies, meusli, egg frittata dish, juices, fruit)
- Loaded by 10 for an amazing day of Mountain Biking up Lead King Basin* with our SPONSORS support! Aloha guides, Shredly will give us some hot gear to demo and some to keep (!), and Rocky Mountain Bikes has a trailer full of demo bikes to choose from.
- Lunch on the trails with optional mini-clinic and coaching.
- HOME to Avalanche Ranch in the late afternoon for some down time to soak in the hot springs, read, relax.
- 6pm one hour of restorative yoga to keep muscles happy and injury free
- 7:30 Dinner in the Picnic Meadow or Ranch House
- Another sweet day of riding planned! Rise and Shine Yoga at 7 in Yoga Barn
- Hearty Breakfast at 8:30 in the Ranch House load up by 10 to ride
- Off we go to Hay Park and Mount Sopris base riding**. Explore miles and miles of playful trails with options to split into groups to allow you to either focus on your foundation skills, or go charge on more advanced trails.
- Lunch on the trail picnic style
- Sag Wagon meets up with us to take us back to the Ranch for some down time and to clean up for a special home style dinner in downtown Carbondale in shaded back yard of Emily's house
- Last morning of the trip will have a sweet recovery yoga session at 8am followed by breakfast at your leisure in the Ranch House.
- Check out by 11 gives you time for one last soak in the springs!
Check out our Retreat FAQ page for more information on Avalanche Ranch logistics. Emily will help you navigate air travel options, shuttles to and from the Ranch, and gear lists. This is truly a world-class trip, made possible by having a band of soulful locals come together to share our love of Carbondale and our individual passions for the stellar mountain biking trails here, yoga that transforms lives, and food that nourishes the body AND the senses. Please call for more information and to enroll!